Yep, you’ve read that right. We moved.

It took me some time to find a new host. Given that I had no clue where to start, and that most people online just give you the advice to sign up with the host that pays them the most, it certainly isn’t an easy task. But I managed. I found a new host.

After that came the process of moving the whole blog over to the new host. If you Google it, there are quite some results to find, but I also wanted to clean up some unused clutter behind the scenes. Which meant that I could move all text (pages, posts, comments), but none of the files… Imagine landing on a blog like this (or any other about DIY renovating and redecorating) without photos. The horror!

So half of the month October I spent on uploading photos, checking they’re still needed anyway, putting them back into their post, and so on and so forth.

A tedious process. But it’s all over now.

I also updated all posts that had a featured image to now show it clearly. You’ll notice soon enough once you start scrolling through the blog. Also (if you didn’t notice already) I changed the appearance of the blog to be more mobile-friendly (and just in general a bit more sleek). You’re more than welcome to tell us your thoughts about it in the comments.

Some minor things still need to be done. A nice header for one. Some pages need an update. And I’ve got some ideas for other things to come.

But first, let’s get rid of a little backlog!